Sunday, April 26, 2009

Glory to God!

Dear Friends and Family,
I am sure most you have heard by now but if not I wanted to let everyone know our story and that by the grace of God our family is okay. On Friday afternoon Abby, Jacob and I went to get the mail - our neighborhood has those cluster mailboxes at the end of the street. Abby was riding her tricycle and I was pushing Jacob in the stroller. A lady (under the influence of something) jumped the curb in her car and hit me as well as Jacob's stroller - thankfully Abby was out of the way. Jacob's stroller fell over and his head hit the ground. He was unresponsive and an ambulance took all three of us to the hospital. By the time we arrived at the hospital Jacob was more responsive but a CT scan indicated bleeding on his brain (a subdural hematoma) and we were admitted to the hospital so Jacob could be monitored. With the exception of minor cuts and bruising, I was just fine so Jacob was our concern. Jacob became more responsive as Friday wore on and thankfully since then has not showed any sign of complication. He spent Friday, Saturday and all Saturday night being monitored. The doctors believe the absence of abnormal behavior indicates the blood was absorbed back into his brain. The doctors discharged us today with the instructions to continue to watch Jacob closely and bring him back if he acts in any way abnormal. We are back home now and sweet baby boy is sleeping peacefully in his own bed as I type this. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Please continue to pray for healing for Jacob and that there will continue to be no complications. Glory to God for His protection of our family!
Love,
Matthew & Naomi

12 comments:

Crissy said...

I had no idea that this had happened! I'm so glad that you all are ok... I cried as I read the entry to Darren because I was picturing me in that situation and how terrified I would have been for our son. Your family is so strong, so the up-beat tone of your message is no surprise to me! You all will be in our prayers. Praise God for his works!

mrs. rains & family said...

we love you guys. so so much. we are so grateful that you are all ok. i'd love to talk this week... for happy reasons this time. :)

Jaime said...

Wow, Naomi, I am so sorry. I will be praying for Jacob for sure. Please keep us posted. So thankful you guys are okay overall, though.

By The Inch said...

I love you so much and am so proud of what a fighter you are!

Mary Helen said...

Glory to God is right! What a blessing that He laid his protection over the three of you on Friday. We have been praying for you this weekend. I am so glad that your sweet baby was home sleeping in his crib last night. We will continue to pray for no further complications. Life is so fragile! Hope you are feeling okay as well.

Anonymous said...

We are so relieved and happy for Jacob, Naomi, Abby and Matthew. That is a horrible story but the ending is fantastic!
All our love to you guys.
Shari, Bob, Chris, Lisa and Tom

The Penuels said...

How scary!! Naomi, I will be praying for little Jacob. I am so sorry this happened...and so thankful you are ok :)

The Armstrong Family said...

How truly great He is! What wonderful news that everyone is home safely and that you and Jacob are recovering well. We have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Love to you all!

Sarah said...

Praying for you and Jacob as I type this. Praise God for His protection. I will continue to lift you up to the Healer.

John and Erica said...

Oh Naomi...so glad to hear things turned out good! Your family is in our prayers. Hope you and your family are getting much needed rest!

Becky said...

That's so scary. I'm so thankful everyone is doing well. One verse came to mind:

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1

Praise God for His protection.

naomi said...

na, I just read this...I am so sorry you went through this but so happy jacob was healed! ashley and I just said a prayer for him to continue to feel great! love you!