Here we are on our babymoon! Matthew and I took a little trip to Chicago last weekend to spend some time together and relax before we have our THIRD child. We arrived before lunch on Thursday and stayed until Sunday evening. We had a wonderful time - eating, walking, taking in the sites, eating, shopping, eating again and as a bonus we got to spend some time with Matthew's brother Scotty. Although we loved everything we did during our time in the Windy City, Matthew and I agreed that our favorite thing was dinner at the Signature Room - a wonderful restaurant located on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building. The food was delicious and the view couldn't have been better.
We did miss Abby and Jacob, of course, but I have been told one of the best gifts you can give your children is a strong, healthy marriage and getting away together is part of that. I loved getting to spend the weekend with my best friend - I felt like we got to hold hands all weekend and that is something that doesn't happen too much these days as the precious little hands we are usually holding are not each others:) Thank you to my mom and dad for taking care of our babies while we were gone. They loved their time with you!
2 comments:
You two are precious! I am glad you had a great trip!
Such a great picture of you two! So glad you both got to get away and have some great time together. We did miss you here though! :)
Post a Comment