Monday, August 22, 2011

For you, Hannah

So this past weekend I was sitting at the kitchen table with my wonderful sister-in-law and she said, "You don't update your blog too often, do you?" The truth is I used to be a decent blogger but these days I am just plain bad. I love reading the blogs of our friends and family - in this regard I am a taker instead of a giver. This has to stop. So, I decided to do a post of fun summer memories. This post is for you, Hannah - I love you and your blog accountability!


The Smith Girls - We kicked the summer off by running a half-marathon with my dad. It was hot but good!


The kids and I visited Temple this past weekend while Matthew was in Chicago with his dad and brother. We had a great time with friends and family. Here I am feeding the babies puffs - they went nuts over it!


Robby - this little guys brings us so much joy!


We spent a week this summer up in northern Michigan at Burt Lake. We had a blast with our family. This is a picture of Jakey with our cousin, Tommy.


We went for a family walk in the woods up north and the kids all had a blast. Becki and I toted the babies around like this all week. I love that my sister (who also happens to be my best friend) and I have babies that are seven weeks apart.


Sweet Robby on the beach at Lake Michigan


Robby and me at the cottage on Burt Lake


Could they be any cuter?!? We love you, Mom & Dad!


And could they be any cuter?!? Matthew and Jacob taking a walk on the beach.


The girls of the next generation. Becki and I pray that Abby and Mina Claire grow up to be best friends.

No comments: