Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Life Lately in Norman... Stories of school and (unsuccessful) potty training

Well life here in Norman lately has been quite nice. We are settling into our new daily routine with a kindergartner. So far Abby is loving school, most of the time. We had a few rough mornings last week with her waking up in tears and telling us she didn't want to go to school. However, bribery has always seemed to work well for this child so I told her I would come and have lunch with her at school if she could go three days without crying. It worked and I love having lunch with her anyway so it was a win-win situation. We are in a carpool with some friends and I pick up on Mondays and Wednesdays, so twice a week (at least) I have the opportunity to ask myself, "How have I become my mom so quickly?" I am also like my mom now in that I am a proud member of the PTA. I am blessed to have a wonderful mom so I am delighted to follow in her footsteps - I pray that I can be as good as a mom as she is! Oh wait, there is one way in that I am not like my mom at this stage... Those of you that I grew up with know my mom fed us very healthy food and always made us lunches without dessert (some of you may have memories of me trying to sweet talk you into giving me YOUR dessert). Mom, don't be mad but today I bought Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls to put in Abby's lunch. I just couldn't help myself.


Speaking of bribery, it does not seem to work well for our second child. I am ready for him to be potty-trained but he feels differently. I borrowed an idea from a friend and put some prizes on display, however so far he is content to just sit and look up at these fabulous cars and this awesome puzzle:) Maybe they are not fabulous or awesome enough for Jacob? Or is he just that stubborn? Oh well, they can just sit there and gather dust until he's ready to put his body on the potty for potty time (to quote Elmo). Here are some pictures of late. Most of them are on Facebook so sorry for the repeats.



Wouldn't you hop on the potty for these prizes!?!




I love Jacob's expression in this picture. He just woke up one morning wanting to put on this Buzz costume.

Abby has now lost three teeth. The tooth fairy almost blew it on this one though. Thankfully I remembered right before bed and sent him in to do his thing before we fell asleep:)

No comments: