Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring Break!

Whew, spring break was so much fun!  I only have pictures from about half our trip on here so I will just have to narrate the rest for you.  First of all, we had car trouble so rather than taking the Tour of Texas in our comfy Tahoe (with the DVD player - this sounds so bratty but if you have children and have traveled much with them you know why the DVD player is worth mentioning) we all squeezed in Matthew's truck (notice I didn't write crew cab truck).  Anyway this little set back ended up providing us with a super fun road trip and I loved getting to sit so close to our babies.  I'm not sure that we'd opt for this arrangement again but given that it was either cancel the trip or hop in the truck, we definitely made the right choice.  And, as a bonus we got to pick up our old riding lawnmower which has provided hours of fun for our kids.  We spent a quick night in Dallas the first night and then drove to Spring, Texas, on day 2 to visit the Shillingburg family.  The Shillingburgs have been friends since Matthew and I first got married and we love them dearly.  They have an amazing, adorable little dude named Ben.  Amy hired a babysitter and the four of us got to go out on a double date - so much fun!  The next day we met up with Ben and Hannah and all had dinner at Rachel and Mark's house in Houston.  Ra and Mark have an adorable little girl named Anna.  Kelly and her little man Daniel came over for dinner too.  You know what I love about these girls - I met them when I was Abby's age and they are still my very best friends in the world!  And, of course they included my brother and his wife because Ben is kind of like a bonus little brother to them.  I also have to include that Ra and Mark had an Easter egg hunt for the kids!

 Jacob and his beloved Uncle B

 Abby and her beloved Aunt Hannah
(We have so many pictures of our babies riding on B and Hannah's backs!)

 Me, Kelly and Rachel
These girls are my heart!

 Time for more narrative... We spent one night in a hotel (the kids' requested that at some point on the trip we stay in a hotel with a pool), played some more with Uncle B and then headed over to the home of the Wells family.  Matthew and Adam have known each other since high school and were roommates at A&M.  I will never forget when Matthew and I went to dinner with Adam and he brought his new love Katie to meet us after they had met working at Young Life Camp at the end of college.  We've been friends ever since!  Adam and Katie have three precious little girls by the way and the kids loved playing together.  From Houston we drove through College Station and had dinner with my friend Julie and her four children.  Julie is also one of my oldest, dearest and best friends who I've known since 1st grade.  Abby and Annie are five months apart and have been buddies since they were born.  They always seem to pick up right where they left off. 

Abby and Annie - two of the sweetest six-year-olds I know! 

After our dinner in College Station we drove to Temple and hung out with my parents and sis (and Abram and MC) for a couple days.  What a fun trip!  We may just have to make our spring break Tour of Texas a tradition.

No comments: